Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Eat the World with Sauca

Most mornings start off the same. Alarm 1 goes off - press snooze. Alarm 2 goes off - press snooze. And when alarm 3 goes off I finally find it in myself to get up from underneath the covers and face the reality that I need to get ready, shower and commute to work. Thankfully, Wednesday mornings are slightly different - or at least they will be from now on.

This past Wednesday I woke up and checked Twitter only to find that the Sauca Mobile - a new foodtruck concept was making an appearance in my neighborhood and only a block from the the metro. I had been following Sauca on twitter for awhile, and thought that this would be the perfect morning to try this new concept.

For those of you that haven't heard of Sauca, they are marketing themselves by saying they are about "enjoying delicious, healthy, global foods in a new and exciting way, where sight, sound, smell, taste and touch are key to the full experience." It is a food truck that is heading out to feed the hungry people of DC with food that draws on flavors and traditional ingredients from around the world.

After visiting the truck that morning I would have to agree with the descriptors. I didn't have a ton of time - so I did a bit of the 'dine and dash' thing. I quickly scanned the menu which is posted on magnets on the side of the truck, and decided on a toffle with banana. From the taste and smell of the toffle it appears to be a fresh
waffle with a bit a caramel/toffee kind of crust on the top. The staff inside the truck was pleasant, apologizing for the wait and helping me make a decision about which toppings I should try.

The first bite that I managed to sneak in before heading down into the metro was delicious. Perfectly hot and crisp with the right amount of sugar to satisfy my early-morning sweet tooth. If I had more time on my hands (and the truck had opened on time) I may have decided to have a breakfast sauca (eggs, potatoes and cheddar cheese served on flatbread). Alas, that was not the case, so I guess I will just have to wait until the next time I run into the Sauca Truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment